What I'm Tweeting!

Videos!

Loading...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mommy Makeover: Getting in Shape!

My weight has always been in the forefront of my life. I've always been known as the heavy girl or the "chubby" girl. The smallest i've ever been was a size 8. I remember in high school thinking that boys didn't like me because of the way I looked and because I was so self-concious about it, they expected me to be easy (which I wasn't... I'm proud to say that I was celibate until the day I married my husband! So, he really is my one and only!). 

When I began my TTC journey almost 4 years ago, my starting weight was 225 lbs. I was a wreck. Addicted to Pepsi and eating junk. But I knew if I wanted to be a mother, I needed to lose the weight. So, I cut out all soda, started a work out routine and by the time I began clomid in 2011, I was down to 190 lbs. Right after I had my boys, I weight 175 lbs and felt AMAZING. I looked so good! Laziness beat me and here I am today.

I am no longer willing to live this way. I am unhappy, ashamed, and very self-concious about the way I look. That's enough. I can't do this to myself anymore. I need to think about my kids and how being so out of shape and unhealthy is detrimental to our lives together.

So, here goes nothing... Yesterday, I started my new lifestyle! It consists of being more active overall, eating 3 regular meals at "normal" times, and i've incorporated a workout regimen (Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Dancing with the Stars Cardio, and Just Dance video game). 

My goal weight is 170 lbs. and just to be overall healthy. I'll take it step by step. After i've reached 170 lbs, i'll go from there and set the next goal.

So, as I sit here typing this with a caffeine withdrawal migraine, i'm ready to do this! I will be updating every Monday with videos and on this blog.



March 4, 2013
------------------------------------
Starting Weight- 209.8 lbs.
Height- 5 ft. 1 inch

Measurments:
Bust- 45"
Hips- 48"
Waist- 41"



Want to join me? Let me know!

Love you all,
Edith


Also, don't forget to vote for me daily in the Circle of Moms 25 Mom Vlogs of 2013!


2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I have always been the cubby one also. When I was younger I was self concious also. I have been knowing my husband since I was 8 but never knew for years that he ever thought of ever dating me till a day when I was 17. He isn't my only one though there were a few others before we got together. But anyway I too have chose to take the jouney to lose weight. Monday when I weighed myself I was 175.2. My goal weight is 125. Good luck on your journey of losing your weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each pregnancy is an individual experience and you as a post-natal mum will have specific requirements. Training, therefore, cannot be generic. Each exercise prescription needs to be tailored to each new mum to ensure the safety of her baby and her at all times.

    ReplyDelete