One of the favorite meals at our house, Chicken Taco Pie is not only super yummy but easy to make! It's one of those, "I don't have much in my fridge" kind of meal.
So, here you go...
Chicken Taco Pie-
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup milk
1 package Taco Bell seasoning mix
2 1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
1 pound shredded chicken
(or ground beef if you'd like a traditional taco)
1 cup Shredded Cheese
(Save 1/2 for garnishing)
1 Large Lemon (or lemon juice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Add milk and 2 tablespoon taco seasoning. Remove from heat and add potato flakes until incorporated. Press mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch pan.
2. Bake for 7-10 minutes until it just BARELY turns golden brown.
3. Boil your chicken and shred when ready
4. Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the shredded chicken and then add the remaining taco seasoning.
Mix with a fork.
4. Pile into crust, making sure it's packed in.
Add 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
5.Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
6. Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with more cheese, lettuce, tomato, salsa, and sour cream or any desired topping.
and you've got a yummy meal!
Homemade Salsa Recipe coming soon!