What I'm Tweeting!

Videos!

Loading...

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DIY: Lipstick Holder

I was sick and tired of owning so many lipsticks and only using a few because it was such a hassle to go through my piles of unorganized lipsticks! So, after searching online for lipstick holders (which by the way, are UBER expensive and don't hold very many lipsticks), I decided to make my own.

I swore I was recording this process but, when I finished, I realized I never pressed record :-( So i'll do a basic step by step explanation here on how to create your own lipstick holder! 

This cost me $5.00 to make and I simply used stuff around the house to decorate it!

The first thing you will need are these containers:

These can be found at your local Dollar Tree store. I purchased 5 for a 'set'.

I dumped out all of the products inside (I now have enough cotton swabs and balls for the rest of my life) and cut the lid off; cutting as closely to the base as possible. 
(this is made of very thin plastic so just using regular scissors will work perfectly).

Next, taking a hot glue gun, glue the 5 plastic containers together length wise.
(you can take the labels off the containers but I didn't bother). 

After you've hot glued the containers, line the outsides and bottom with card stock and glue on the outer edges of the plastic containers.
(you could even use poster board but I had card stock handy so I used that)

Then, I simply decorated it with ribbon and made a bow out of things I had laying around and TA-DA!










I was able to store, not only lipsticks, but lipglosses as well!
Each container has 4 compartments and each compartment holds 4 standard sized lipsticks.. so you can tailor this to how ever many you need.

I hope you enjoyed this super easy and fun DIY!
If you decide to make one of these, please send me a picture!

Peace and Love,
Edith

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good idea! You have quite the lipstick storage too!!

    ReplyDelete